The Working Like Dogs Podcast
- Working Like Dogs - Episode 133 Roscoe the Bed Bug Dog June 5, 2017Jennifer Erdogan, Director of Bell Environmental Services’ Canine Division and certified bedbug detection dog and adorable tri-colored beagle, Roscoe, stop by to talk with Marcie and Lovey. Jennifer explains how Roscoe works to sniff and detect hidden bed bugs in hospitals, hotels, homes, apartment buildings and other sites. Roscoe and their other certified bed bug […]Marcie Davis
- Working Like Dogs - Episode 132 Dogs for the Deaf May 15, 2017Blake Matray, Executive Director of Dogs for the Deaf drops in to visit with Marcie and Lovey about the incredible work they are doing to rescue dogs from animal shelters and humane societies throughout the western United States and train them as hearing alert dogs. Blake talks about how they identify, screen and recruit shelter […]Marcie Davis
- Working Like Dogs - Episode 131 Advancing the Science of Dogs! April 24, 2017World-renowned animal behavior scientist/consultant, Dr. James Ha visits with Marcie and Lovey about the unique aspects of applying scientific research to canine and human behavior. Dr. Ha shares fascinating information about how assistance dogs and their handlers communicate and develop trust and why some dogs are simply not able to be assistance dogs. He discusses […]Marcie Davis
- Working Like Dogs - Episode 130 Angus the Superbug Dog! March 30, 2017Teresa Zurberg says her two-year old English Springer Spaniel Angus’ sense of smell is above and beyond anything we can even comprehend. Listen as she talks with Marcie and Lovey about Angus job at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), where he is a member of the hospital’s Infection Fighting Team. Teresa trained Angus to detect Clostridium […]Marcie Davis
- Working Like Dogs - Episode 129 Go Fetch Wellness! March 14, 2017Jeff Fink and his psychiatric assistance dog, Earl, talk with Marcie and Lovey about the inspiring animal-assisted therapy work they are doing to support people who are living with mental illness through their organization, Go Fetch Wellness. Jeff talks candidly about his own debilitating battle with depression and anxiety and how his relationship with Earl, […]Marcie Davis
Listed above are our five most recent podcasts. The links open the audio file in a new window.
You can find all our podcasts – and complete descriptions of topics and guests – on our PetLife Radio channel here. >>